As we all know every year there is a number of students from different countries around the world who go to Ukraine to do an Erasmus +. Due to the difficulties caused by the current situation, our thoughts as students turn to them on how to help them.
Indeed, because of the recent events, many people are in need of help and have been unable to find a way out of the crisis. Many initiatives have been promoted on the web to provide shelter to refugees, food, clothes, transport goods to the people.
Here are some types of actions you can take:
– Protesting for peace, find the nearest demonstration here —> List of Protests – Stand with the people in Ukraine! (standwithukraine.live)
– Offering shelter to Ukrainian refugees (many initiatives on Facebook but also on dedicated platforms- check our dedicated article —> shelter for ukraine (google.com))
– Signing petitions-here is a list of open petitions —> Sign the petition (super.site)
– Donating to NGOs-such as (Save the children, Unicef Ukraine, United help Ukraine and etc…). If you’re interested in knowing how to donate click the link —> Private sector aid donations to Ukrainians (europa.eu)
– Volunteering with e.g. NGOs providing support to refugees.
Those are just few ideas through which one can try to help in an emergency situation such as Ukraine is experiencing now.
What else do you think a student like me can do to help out?