Join the new generation of European Young Journalists!
Last updated on Tuesday, 11/10/2022
Do you have great storytelling skills? Are you interested in European and global issues? Do you want to report on what matters to young people in Europe today? This may be the perfect opportunity for you.
Born in the framework of the European Year of Youth, the pool of European young journalists is looking for new members for the year 2023. Eurodesk and the European Commission are inviting young people to put their journalistic skills into practice and report on issues that matter to them.
Join the team and make your voice heard, by producing different kinds of content (writing, pictures, podcasting, videos…). The content produced by the Pool will be done on a voluntary basis, and in return it will be highlighted on the European Youth Portal (EYP) and promoted on its social media platforms. The members of the Pool will also have the opportunity to benefit from various trainings.
Who can apply?
- from 18 to 30 years old;
- coming from all over the European Union and the Erasmus+ associated countries (North Macedonia, Serbia, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Turkey);
- available to contribute for a 1-year period (until the end of 2023);
- able to write and communicate in English.
How to apply?
- Share your motivation to join the pool, the type of journalism you do and why you are passionate about it in a 90 seconds video OR text (in English).
- Send us the application form and a sample of your recent journalistic work (e.g. personal blogs, videos, photo reportage).
- You shall be selected for your storytelling skills and your capacity to analyse and communicate your vision as a young European citizen.
- You shall not represent an organisation or country but talk from your personal perspectives. Content can be opinionated; however, you shall respect the European Youth Portal Editorial Guidelines.
If you have any questions, please contact us at [email protected], mentioning in the subject line “2023 Pool of European Young Journalists”.
Deadline: 30 October 2022 23:59 CET
Do you need more information? Find out everything here and good luck!